3/05/2009

Orlando Vacation - Magic Kingdom (Part 2)

On our first day in Orlando, my husband and I went to two parks, Walt Disney World's Animal Kingdom the first half of the day and then Magic Kingdom the second half. The day couldn't have been more beautiful: it was 65 degrees during the day and 45 degrees at night. The cornerstone of this park is Cinderella's Castle. This was the first park built by Walt Disney himself in 1971. The crowd gathered around the castle to see a show performed on the steps. Walt Disney and Mickey Mouse statue in front of the castle.
Dumbo the Flying Elephant ride
Astro Orbiter ride
Then each night the park puts on the amazing "SpectroMagic Parade" followed by a huge fireworks display (I've seen the fireworks that DC does on the 4th of July and this was even better than that one). So, first up is the parade down main street. Toby and I sat with my Aunt Pat and Uncle Bill on the platform of the train station at the entrance of the park and watched the floats pass us by below.
Minnie Mouse
Chip and Dale Chipmunks
Aladdin's Genie
Once the parade was over, Toby and I moved closer to the castle to catch the fireworks show "Wishes". Music plays the whole time as the castle changes colors to match the different colors of the fireworks. It was truly an amazing site!

Love the light flare from the fireworks I got on this one!

The end of the grand finale

No comments:

Post a Comment