9/22/2009

York Fair

My husband's family moved to Central Pennsylvania when he was in middle school from a suburb of Pittsburgh. Even though he has lived here most of his life, he had never been to the York Fair (located about an hour away from where we live). The fair is the oldest one in America (it has been around since 1765). It is a huge gathering filled by so many food carts, concert stages, animal exhibits and rides. When I heard about it, I immediately wanted to go. It was exciting that every day there were various ways to get in free because our state is hurting so bad with one of the nation's highest unemployment rates. So, we picked a day that we could get in free and planned on eating dinner there. Toby got an Italian sausage sub with peppers and mushrooms and I got a Greek chicken gyro along with homemade lemonade to share. Later, we ate a funnel cake for dessert. So yummy! We had a blast and these are some of the photos I got while we were there.

The main building that housed tons of food vendors inside & out.
Ferris wheel and another ride
Toby threw a dart to pop a balloon to win a stuffed animal
One of the many funnel cake stands
A really cool ride that I had never seen at a fair before.
A grandmother and mother trying to
beat each other in a water gun game.
Inside of one the many buildings on the fairgrounds,
there were bunnies and other animals that we could
view that had competed to win prizes.
A cool rooster that was talking to us as we walked by him.
Country music newcomer, Eric Church singing
at the Great Country Radio WGTY 107.7 stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment