8/26/2012

Photography for Charity

I recently was asked to help my church and I was so happy that I could donate my services. I attend Carlisle Brethren in Christ Church in our town of Carlisle, Pennsylvania. Because of it's very large size, there are so many groups from children's groups, to young adults, to senior citizens, to groups for those you have gotten divorced, or have recently lost a loved one. It is a fabulous church and there is something for everyone! The church wanted to thank two of its long-serving Sunday School teachers who were retiring. They contacted current members of the church and asked them to come for the picture if they had ever been taught by this husband and wife team. So each person in this photo, when they were about 3 years old, were taught by the same couple for Sunday School at our church. The couple had done this for 30 years, so I thought this was a great way to help commemorate their service. We took the photo outside at the children's playground behind the church and the yellow rope has been used by the couple all 30 years to take the little 3 year old children out on walks. All the children had to hold on to the rope so they could all stay together. Later, I added text to the photo thanking the couple for their service and we got it framed. It was given to them on their last Sunday serving as Sunday school teachers. I just love this photo and I think it turned out great!


No comments:

Post a Comment