I went to Cook Forest (located near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania) to go camping from June 7-9, 2013. First, I took some photos around the camp site. Then on June 8th, there was a French and Indian War Re-enactment in the forest that was incredible. Here are photos from the first two days.
Here is a sign from the campground where we stayed.
I got to see this beautiful doe who came right up to our
campsite the first evening I was there.
She was just magnificent.
All around the blankets of the tree tops were beautiful ferns.
I just loved them and I photographed so many different
picturesque photos with them showcased.
Here is my favorite close-up shot.
The ground blanketed in a sea of ferns gently blowing in
the breeze.
Showcasing the simple beauty of the forest with this
tree stump.
The rest of my photographs in this post are from the
French and Indian War Re-enactment. Love how the two
soldiers in the middle of this photo are women!
Just thought this soldier's costume and appearance was
incredibly detailed and historically accurate.
My favorite re-enactor who portrayed a Native American Indian.
Loved the details of the re-enactor as when as the scenery of
the forest in this photo!
Action shot of the start of the battle during the re-enactment.
If you look closely on the far left-hand side of the photo,
you can see the explosive flames coming from the barrel
of the gun.
Charge!
Back at the encampment for the soldiers. Seen here is
a little girl dressed the part and selling lavender and soap.
A woman waiting for her soldier to come back home.
I loved the iridescent blue material of her dress. So unique!
Check back for more photos on my 2nd posting from this trip!













No comments:
Post a Comment