8/22/2009

Delaware Photog Shoutout (Part 1 of 3)

On Monday, August 10th I drove out to Newark, Delaware for a photography workshop called Photog Shootout. Rob Nicholson of Humbled Eyes Photography (a photographer based out of Delaware) founded it and now there have been shootouts held all over the country. It is a great way for photographers to get together, shoot, network, and learn. There were about 60 photographers that showed up despite 98-degree temperatures (with a heat index in the hundreds). First we divided into groups, each with a great photographer leading the group to teach a different subject (such as natural lighting, posing, and helping the subject elicit emotion). We photographed at the University of Delaware outside on campus for 4 hours. There were hairstylists, make-up artists, models, clothing stylists, and great teachers (working professional photographers) all on hand to make for a great photo shoot. I had a blast, though it was one tiring day (I worked at my day job for four hours till noon, drove the 3 hours to Delaware, shot for 4 hours, then went to a pizza joint and ate and had a question & answer session and discussion group until 10 pm and drove the 3 hours back to Pennsylvania. I hope there will be more of these groups within driving distance of where I live, because I would do all over again in a minute! Hope you like the photos (there will be 3 parts with 2 different photo sessions - led by different photographers - in each part).

A bridal portrait session where we worked on using natural light




Then I switched groups to learn about posing and got to photograph
our model Cacia Batts, who was crowned Mrs. Delaware 2009.




No comments:

Post a Comment