This year my husband, Toby, and I decide to celebrate our 2
nd wedding anniversary (it’s officially on Oct. 28
th but we did this trip on Oct. 10
th) by driving out to
Bedford County in western Pennsylvania. It is only an hour and a half drive away from where we live so we made it a day trip. We broke the day into two parts, first I wanted to go on their famous driving tour of their historic 100-year-old covered bridges. Then we went to the city of
Bedford’s downtown area for the Fall Foliage Festival. Since I took so many pictures from our trip, I’m breaking it down into 2 posts. So, first are the photographs from touring the covered bridges.
Claycomb Covered Bridge

Dr.
Kniseley Covered Bridge from the 1880's

Toby and I took turns taking each other's photographs at
Kniseley.
Colvin Covered Bridge from 1866

Most of the bridges have signs located nearby like this one.

Looking out over the countryside on a beautiful, fall day.

Turner's Covered Bridge

I loved the
fluorescent color of these fall leaves.

Once again, Toby and I took turns taking
pictures of each other at Turner's Bridge.

We stopped and I took photographs of this farm.
They had a horse and ox out in the field past the
barns and it was such a beautiful sight.
Herline Covered Bridge from 1906. It is the longest
covered bridge in the county (there are 14 covered
bridges in their county).
No comments:
Post a Comment