5/16/2010

Pet Photography

I love pet photography. It can be my pets or my clients. But they are each so unique and expressive and I love trying to show their personalities in a portrait. Spending time with pets, I get down on their level (I have rolled around in many yards with them), give them their favorite treat to help them pose and zoom in and get close to show their features and souls. I have two wonderful dogs and I grew up with many dogs and cats in the home with my family. I have been photographing animals my whole life. First with a little pink and gray polaroid camera, later with a 35 mm camera and lastly my professional digital camera. I feel the more pictures you take, the better during a session.

Each night before I go to bed, I let our dogs jump into the bed and they have play time and snuggle time with me and each other until they fall asleep with me. Later my husband comes to bed and puts the dogs in their beds for the night. This is one of those evenings when they were just in our bed but I got my camera out and started shooting them. I got so many great shots in less than an hour. These are some of my favorites.

Oliver, pug
Zeppie, American Bulldog/Pit Bull mix

They love to play tug of war with stuffed animals






Contact me to photograph you and your pets today!

No comments:

Post a Comment