This year was a hard year for me personally. I had my mother pass away in March (and I also had my father pass away in 2006). So, I didn't feel like I would have a place to go to for Thanksgiving to be with my family until my aunt and cousins invited me to their home. It was wonderful to spend time with everyone. I took a bunch of portraits of everybody before the meal and was then able to turn them into Christmas presents.
From Left to Right: my cousin Rachael, my Aunt Val,
my cousin Mandi, Aunt Val's mom, June and up
front and center is Bishop, Rachael's son.
Mandi and her husband, Danny
Rachael and Bishop
Aunt Val and her fiance, Nick. Now both Nick and
Aunt Val lost their spouses a few years ago and
we are all so excited that they found each other.
Nick and his two grandsons
Nick's son's family (who drove down for the
day from Alexandria, VA).
After dinner who got this great shot of all of us. I love my
family and all they have done for me this year. They have
all truly blessed my life in so many ways!
I couldn't do a Thanksgiving posts without a few food shots.
Here's a pecan pie.
I made and brought the fruit salad (or ambrosia as we call
it). I made it every year for my family's Thanksgivings, so
it was special for me to make it this year.
After dinner all the kids (as we are still called) went out to
see a light show. I set up my tri-pod and ran back and forth
to get this shot of all of us as we waited for the show to begin.












No comments:
Post a Comment