2/05/2014

Winter Wonderland

On February 3rd, 2014 (during the middle of another one of many major snow and ice storms I had  this winter) I went out to photograph landscapes in what I called, my "Winter Wonderland." Everything has been covered in snow and ice for weeks in this record setting winter season and on this day we getting another more than 8 inches of snow followed by ice on top. To make matters worse, the roads weren't plowed in most areas.  I just love what I was able to shoot from out the car window and I hope that you will too!

This (and the next 3 photos) is from back behind my
house in a cemetery. My house is not seen here, 
but would be on the left-hand side of this shot.



The next 7 photos are from down the street from
our home down an unpaved road along a trout stream.

 One of my favorites from the day.

 Love the ducks in the pond and the 
red barn in the background.
 A different, much larger red barn down the street from
the one seen in the above photo.
 The trout stream
 All the above photos were in the town where I live -
Carlisle, Pennsylvania. Then I drove to the nearby town
of Boiling Springs, PA for all the rest of the photographs
in this posting. Seen here is the old tavern at Children's
Lake in the heart of the little town.

All the wild life that are seen year-round at the lake.
 These guys all popped up their heads when I talked to them.
Overview of Children's Lake


Another one of my favorites. Love his snow mustache!

No comments:

Post a Comment