I recently started volunteering my photography services with our local animal rescue,
Furry Friends Network to give the animals that they have professional portraits in the hopes that they get adopted to forever homes more quickly. Please check out their link if you are interested in adopting any of these wonderful animals and any other animals that they have that I have yet to photograph so far. I learned about a professional photographer,
Seth Casteel (famous for "Underwater Dogs" and "Underwater Puppies") who was on the Meredith Viera Show who started an organization called
One Picture Saves a Life to help shelter animals get homes with professional photographers volunteering their services to shelters around the world. So, seeing that show helped me to move forward into contacting our local animal rescue (something I had been wanting to do for years because I have always volunteered at animal shelters through middle school, high school, college and in NYC where I would go and take the animals out of their cages and walk them, bathe them, and love on them which was always an incredible experience. Anyone can do this and I really recommend that you do it sometime in life as well as always adopt your pets from shelters. They make fabulous family members and for the adoption fee they usually come with their shots up to date, spayed and neutered, microchipped, etc. which you can't do all those things yourself for a cheaper price than the shelters get from the veterinarians that they work with). I will be continuing to post photos from time to time of the animals I photograph for Furry Friends and here are the first set of photos of 11 animals - cats, kittens and a dog (there are 2 photos of each animal with the name of each animal above the first photo). I have just loved taking my love of animals (in my home we always had multiple cats and dogs at any given time and my husband and I had a pug and pit bull until just recently when our pit bull passed away at age 13) and my love of photography and doing some good with both of them!
Beatrice - Coonhound
Andrew - cat
Elizabeth - cat
Frank - kitten
Hanna - cat
Joey - kitten
Lainey - kitten
Libby - cat
Maxine - kitten
Winnie - kitten
Kari - cat
No comments:
Post a Comment