7/09/2009

My 4th of July in Virginia

I went down to Smithfield, Virginia (ham capital of the world) to visit with my family. It was originally planned to be a 4-day weekend ending with my mom, sister and I going to see Aerosmith and ZZ Top, but the show was cancelled. We still had a wonderful time over the holiday weekend. We met up with more family at the marina and had a large dinner for all of the people docked on their boats. Then we watched a wonderful fireworks displayed while sitting on top of the boats. The next day, more family came down from Fredericksburg, VA and we all sat out by the pool and had a BBQ. It was great to be with all my family and friends and I made a lot of new friends (furry one's included) while down at The Station for the fireworks display. These are some of my favorite photos. Enjoy!

The Station is the name of the place where all the boats dock. It has a hotel,
gift shops, stores, a wonderful restaurant and marina. These are some of the stores.
I love seeing all the names of the boats and where they are from.
The station with people gathering for the buffet.
I think the dogs that are used to riding on boats are great. Here is Packer, a
beautiful labrador mix, sitting on his boat. His eyes were the most beautiful light green.
Elsie was a true boat dog, hopping around from boat to
dock to another boat. She was everywhere!
Looking out from the 2nd story of the hotel at all the boats.
People can even stay in the small lighthouse to the right.
The station at night from my Uncle's boat.
Just 3 photos of fireworks from the more than 200 that I took.



No comments:

Post a Comment