12/04/2008

Bo Bice concert

My mother-in-law bought tickets for us to go see Bo Bice perform at the historic Carlisle Theater. It is a beautiful little venue and they (along with the artist) had no restrictions on photography. So, I was excited to get to photograph a concert again (it's been almost 2 years since I got to photograph The Who for a newspaper, but that took credentials to be able to do it).

Growing up in Huntsville, Alabama they had a huge music festival each year downtown called "Big Spring Jam" and my father and I took pictures (me on his shoulders some of the time) of the Dixie Chicks, Lynyrd Skynryd, the Doobie Brothers, Keith Urban and many others. Those memories (and photographs) are some of my favorite things that I have with my father (who passed away almost 3 years ago). We also snuck in our cameras and took pictures of Aerosmith, Fleetwood Mac (it was my birthday present to see them), and I even snuck in my huge camera through a metal detector to photograph Celine Dion when she was performing in Las Vegas (I wish artists wouldn't put restrictions on who can take photographs at their concerts). Music was a family tradition in my home (I sang and did the tambourine, my father played acoustic and electric guitars, and my mom played the piano while my sister danced along). So, I hope I will continue to get to be around great music and be able to take great photographs to remember the experience with. Bo, a fellow Alabama native, also performed "Sweet Home Alabama" as his encore. Roll Tide!

This is my favorite one!

I loved this wild guitar!

It was Bo, a lead guitar play, bass guitar player, drummer, and a guy on the keyboards. The 5 of them produced so much music together that it sounded like there were 10 guys up there.



4 comments:

  1. Great photos! Love Bo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Lizzie, I've been to many a concert and these photos are fabulous! Sincerely, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came to your beautiful little town of Carlisle and attended that Bo Bice concert. It was a memorable weekend for me; a fantastic concert, a great time with all of my Bo Bice friends and a wonderful evening at The GingerBread Man Restaurant.

    Your photos are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing them.

    Sher
    From Pittsburgh, PA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos of Bo! He is so photogenic, but you had a great sense of him and captured the best of him!! Thank you so much for sharing! You are very talented!

    ReplyDelete